The Love in Action ministry is a social concerns ministry of PSPC made up of Sarah Active Ageing Centre Ministry, Host Family Ministry, Haven Ministry, and New Life Ministry.
Love in Action ministry is the social concerns ministry of PSPC made up of:
• Sarah Active Ageing Centre
• Host Family Ministry
• Haven Ministry
• New Life Ministry
Each sub-ministry runs its own programme and outreach events for the people that they serve. In general, the following are the programmes that each sub-ministry runs each year.
Sarah Active Ageing Centre Ministry
- Weekly Tuesday lunch preparation and service at Sarah Active Ageing Centre
- Chapel service at PSPC on the 3rd Saturday of the month to befriend and reach out to the seniors through a short service, short teaching sessions and lunch
- Festive Celebrations and outings with seniors
Host Family Ministry
- Be a host family to host short-term (6 months) and long-term (1 year) students from overseas who are studying at a local university
- The ministry partners with the MSF S3P programme to reach out and minister to the rough sleepers and homeless persons within the PSPC vicinity – Bugis, Waterloo, and Crawford. The ministry organizes monthly night walks on Fridays where we search the area for rough sleepers to befriend them and share the help available if they need
- The ministry also partners with New Hope Community Services, as part of the MSF S3P programme to offer PSPC as a temporary shelter for rough sleepers who are transiting into more permanent housing options
New Life Ministry
- In-care service every first and third Saturday of each month to minister and befriend inmates in the prison chapel service
We are conveniently located in the city, with easy access to public transport.